Use the Page File Bytes Peak counter to calculate page file size
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Performance Monitor.
- Expand Data Collector Sets, right-click User Defined, click New, and then click Data Collector Set.
- In the Name box, type a name for the log, and then click OK.
- Select the Create manually (advanced)option, and then click Next.
- Select the Create data logsoption, click to select the Performance counter check box, and then click Next.
- Under Which performance counters would you like to log?, click Add.
- Under Select counters from computer, make sure that <Local computer>
- In the Performance object list, click Process, and then click Page File Bytes Peak.
- Under Instances of selected object, select Total, click Add>>, and then click OK.
- Under Sample interval, select the interval that you want. (The default is 15 seconds.)
- Click Next two times.
- Click Finish.
- Let the counter run during typical use of your computer.
Note the maximum value for the Page File Bytes Peak counter, and then multiply the value by 0.70. The sum of the equation is the size to set for your page file.